View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2108635)   #12
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
So, are the rebroadcasts infomercials or actual coverage of a sporting event? You decide!

Some here were more than happy to post last year about what a great idea it was for the time buy. That sponsors would soon appear in enough quantity to underwrite the time buy and thus make this a profitable venture for CC. That in future seasons, we would see improved coverage and increased sponsorship to the teams. Of course the implication was that we "naysayers" just had it all wrong and just couldn't admit what a good thing it was.

Well, I will admit it: last year's package was better than this year's in that the races were at least shown live.

Now the same folks are here telling us that the chunks missing from the rebroadcasts don't really matter. New CC motto: "ChampCar! You don't need to see the whole thing!"

The chunks you are seeing from me are coming from the spew that results from the ongoing spinning by the spin doctors here...I am reminded of the song "Dizzy."

They are going to rebroadcast what is arguably the Crown Jewel of CC racing? If there is a race that SHOULD be live that one (Long Beach) is it.

Next step: hold all the races at one track to cut down travel costs. This is getting more and more like Roller Derby. Maybe we could get NHL to name their team "The Jammers" and Forsythe could be "The Bay City Bombers."

Last edited by JohnSSC; 18 Jan 2008 at 11:01.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.