MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=timmartin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim dodwell
Salvador (Valiente) moved to Spain a few years ago, plays with bikes nowadays (non-competitively).

hey, well Tim Dodwell and salvador valiente, names i remember well from my time in the road saloons. I drove mk1 GTis number 83, silver one got stacked off the start line at mallory. sat in middle of second row with Neil (beany ?) on my left, lights went out, neil made a good start and jumped straight across my bows (touching me), scrapped the armco and I get punted and collected by someone down the field as I slid sideways down the straight... oh well, one of my shorter races.

I remember Tim Dodwell and I had a good old tussle at a silverstone race, great fun. I could catch him, but he always seem to pull away on the straights. I think he claimed it was is smaller profile tyres that were more streamlined. ha ha.
wasnt Salvador the dentist?, who was the other guy who won everything, fruit and veg man, or am I getting them mixed up?

I stopped because of the expense. turning point was near end of season at coombe where I qualified 7th or 8th - spent the winter on new suspension and a few engine mods, testing etc., went to coombe in new season, qualifed over a second quicker and found myself 15th on the grid, enough is enough. all good fun though.

I have some photos on this Mac just trying to figure out how to attached. they all include me of course but plenty of other cars are shown too.

havent done any racing sincce 1992 apart from Karts of course. and if any of you havent tried a 125 Kart on an outdoor track, I recommend it, CRAZY!

Tim
Mentioning Mk1 Golfs, I used to go to school with Jason Pattison, he was Steve Pattison's son. He used to race a Mk1 Golf and then a Mk1 Scirocco.