View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3683470)   #1009
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've only been twice. Once about 5 years ago and again this year, and with the exception of some of the cars at the extrance and exit of the museum, it was exactly the same. Interesting, but not enough to hold my attention for more than an hour and a half. But a must if you've never been before.
I've been to the museum just once, maybe 5 years ago? Enjoyed it, didn't begrudge a cent of the admission price, and if it's free this year with my ticket may well go again. There are some lovely bits - Mrs Isynge was particularly struck by the Jean Rondeau story - the win, the tilting at windmills, the lovely 482, and the tragically early end - all of which is really nicely put together.

90 minutes is plenty for it - and let's face it, even with vast sprawling museums like the V&A where there's content to comfortably fill 90 times 90 minutes, you don't want to consume that all at once.