View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2065857)   #62
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm?
FIA with all the rubbish attached - very early sign on times, lack of breaks, over-officialdom, etc, etc,...
or
BritCar 24 Hrs with meals provided, goodie bags, generally being looked after over the weekend including access to the Pits and an overall friendly feeling?

??????Which one will I go for??????

I'm not prepared to take any odds!

Seriously, folks, I would never plug a meeting if I didn't think it worthwhile - hence the above, because after 15+ years, I'm afraid FIA says what it stands for, if you apply some imagination! - whereas after two years at the 24 hours, the standards have continued, and they were great to start off with.

Anyone wondering about doing "24 hours" remember - you don't do the full 24 hrs, and the more bodies, the better the shift system on a post - so, even if you can only do a day, or a few hours, it is time that someone else can get some sleep!

I did both Le Mans and Silverstone this year and I can't honestly say which one was better!