View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1432699)   #2
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,
Richard (rbm from the other thread) and I (my brother runs the 500OA website) have been doing a lot of stuff off-line to build up the definitive history of the MkIIs (and T2/T3). You've probably realised that the chassis history is very poor, and we're trying to piece together all of the random reports and facts (before we even attempt to make sense of them).
So far we are only aware of thirteen original owners - eleven of them definitely from the first dozen. So with a chassis number of 20, we can only assume that your car was part of the second dozen all supposedly due for export (look up the Iota magazine article at www.500race.org under Marques/Cooper/Mk II), although we suspect at least one never made it to the ferry. And unfortunately (with one possible exception for Lex Beels in Holland, which was probably a Mk III), we have no information at all on these exported cars.
- None appeared to go to Germany (East or West)
- Whilst Scandinavian events were taking place, I've got no records
- Similarly, whilst there may have been suitable events in Holland and Belgium (and possibly France), I haven't turned up any information until the Zandvoort Grand Prix race in 1949.
So I would be grateful if anyone has anything they can supply on that front.

Some other facts you could drop in:
- Is it a 500 chassis, or stretched for 1,000?
- Do you have any information on original colour or features?

Rich