Thread: Tyrrell 025
View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2011, 18:52 (Ref:3001312)   #14
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From looking at the photos and the information available I suspect this is a Tyrrell 026 based car. I have gone through some more data and a number of the 026 six cars were damaged during the 1998 season. 026 02 was damaged at the German GP and was not raced again that season. both 026 03 & 04 were damaged in Belgium, none of the above chassis were raced again in 1998. Chassis 05 was damaged at the last race in Japan where chassis 01 was also used. There was a spare chassis available but will have to do further digging to find out which one it was. I doubt that all the cars built by Tyrrell in 1998 survived the seaon but there were at least 2 useable at the end of the season chassis 01 and one other.

I suspect from the information funformula has and from the photos the car in question might be a car built/rebuilt by Paul Stoddard giving it the 026 08 chassis number. From the photos above it is clearly a narrow track car.
It might also be a 025 converted to 026 as in the latter years Tyrrell may not have had the budget to build brand new cars?