Thread: Tyrrell 025
View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2011, 00:01 (Ref:3001411)   #16
funformula
Racer

Germany
funformula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your thoughts.

My car is for sure no Tyrrell 026 because it has a completely different monocoque.
The 024 and 025 had a very similar monocoque. The most visible difference of the 025 are the two oval holes on both sides of the roll hoop and the "wedges" on both sides of the monocoque just in front of the sidepods/radiator air intake. It also has thicker sidewalls in the headrest area to fix the tower-wing supports.
My car has the oval holes and the wedges but NOT the thicker sidewalls.
So maybe it´s an updated 024 to make sure that the 025 bodywork will fit properly, because all the bodywork, floor etc. is clearly 025 style on my car.

I also had the idea that my car was built by Stoddarts company as a showcar after Tyrrell closed the doors. But my monocoque is built far too complex as it is made out of carbon and alu-honeycomb which I think no one would do for a showcar only.

So maybe it´s an updated 024 monocoque to make sure the 025 bodyparts will fit properly because all these parts, floor etc. are clearly in 025 style.
At least one 024 was crashed and abandoned in 1996 (Katayama, GP Canada), so maybe this monocoque was used for my car.

Questions over questions ;-)

Last edited by funformula; 18 Dec 2011 at 00:08.