Thread: Tyrrell 025
View Single Post
Old 18 May 2012, 18:42 (Ref:3076216)   #17
funformula
Racer

Germany
funformula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no news about the history of my Tyrrell but some more questions:

Where are the Tyrrell 024´s? Never seen one on track after their GP-career.
-searching on the internet I found one in 1997 PIAA colours and 025-nose displayed in Japan
-one was displayed at British GP 1998 in 1998 colours
-one was displayed at British GP 1998 at the BAR team presentation in blue/grey/gold livery equal to the design of Villeneuves 1999 pre-saison testing BAR 001
-what about the Stoddart Minardi auction around 2005? I recall a Tyrrell offered for auction, which has a large cut out section at the left side of the monocoque to get a view of drivers seating position. Can´t remember exactly but I think it was a 024 rather than a 025.
-regarding Stoddart-Minardi auction, does anyone still has a stock list about the offered cars to check the chassis numbers?

Regarding Tyrrell 025:
-it is said that Frits van Eerd owns two cars
-one French guy has a white one
-another frenchman has a black one with wider "bulky" monocoque sides, this one is probably for sale now
-some time ago the was a black one with PIAA livery for sale

Makes total five cars, so no more room for mine.

Checking closely some pictures of 024 cars, I recognized that only the early models (chassis no. 01-03?) had the thin headrest-sidewall same as on my car. At least from chassis 04 onwards the sidewall is as thick as on the 025 models. This would suggest that my car could be one of the early 024´s.

Can anybody add some more information to this subject?
Thanks.