View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2002, 04:49 (Ref:217511)   #14
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, it's waaaaaaay too many, for sure. I guess it would be about 20 on a standard build. This is a tough one for me. There is nothing really difficult about the Rothmans cars, but I always seem to struggle with them. I think I have built so many of them that I always want the next one to be better and I probably stress myself out too much trying to get perfection.

Now you may think you don't have the patience, but no one had less than me when I first got serious about modelling. I couldn't wait for the paint to dry before I'de start assembling things. The biggest thing I have learned is to let things sit and cure. I generally have about 10 going at once, so i can always move over to another model.

So if you build, it will teach you patience. Really, it will. You either learn to be patient or you spend alot of money buying more kits to replace the ones you screwed up. A good piece takes time. There is no other way around it. Once you learn that, the rest is just getting the techniques perfected, and repetition takes care of that. If you build enough of these, you can't help but turn out a couple of good ones.