View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2023, 14:25 (Ref:4176539)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, it's up to the TV director to air the messages, but it is those in the FIA's Race director's room that releases them to the TV director. Not all messages are permitted by the FIA to be broadcast.
This brings up an interesting question. So for F1TV, you can watch and listen to each driver's in-car camera and audio. While there is a natural delay, is someone monitoring ALL driver audio at that FIA level and then pushing a mute button on some audio? I suspect not. I frequently rewind during a race and then switch to the in-car video/audio and listen to what was being said and when.

I don't know at all, but I can imagine that the FIA race director reviewing which of "their" communications between themselves and the teams might be provided to the racing director. But that the TV director may at any time replay audio that was already heard on the in-car feed live (or nearly live). And I wonder if teams have the ability to selectively mute driver to car audio? But even then, that seems unlikely. They would need something like a 10 second delay loop and some type of rules as when to mute and when not. It seems fraught with the potential for error.

Re-broadcast in which they may want to strip out foul language is easy to do after the fact.

Also, there are times such as when a car is in the garage in which the in-car video and audio is cut and not shown in the F1TV app.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 13 Sep 2023 at 14:31.