Thread: WEC Race 2018 6 Hours of Silverstone
View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3844568)   #71
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I’m still at a loss for how people say Silverstone is a bad circuit to spectate, sure the scenery isn’t much and there’s a lot of fencing and so on around but it’s all worth it to watch the cars run..
It is great - from the stands. Becketts, Club, Copse, Luffield are all great places to watch.

Trouble is, most of those stands are only open a few times a year. Even today, only half of Club is open - why? Some stands are only open twice a year, for F1 and MotoGP.

And the view from trackside is mostly terrible. It’s also hard to get around - no tunnel to the Wing means long walks between paddocks.

I do like Silverstone and it does have some awesome parts. But they don’t make it easy for spectators to appreciate the good bits.