Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2022, 05:55 (Ref:4119997)   #41
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
SRO said Brexit too or something but they still keep coming to Brands Hatch so that blows that argument up...
SRO did address this, pointing out that Sprint is 28 cars whereas Endurance is over 50 plus the Lambo supports.

But that came down to money too, I agree. Silverstone was the only GTWC circuit not open on the Friday. I asked why and was told, in an off-guard moment, that SRO refused to pay the rent Silverstone wanted for the extra day. For comparison, at Monza, Paul Ricard and Barcelona, Friday isn’t only open, it’s free entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Donington or Brands Hatch not suitable?
Donington doesn’t have the facilities and Brands Hatch is too narrow for modern GTs and Prototypes, especially when the latter are lapping the former. It would be a very pretty succession of safety car periods.