View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2092866)   #38
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Why dance around it with intent? Intent is meaningless without a solid cast iron rule. Just spell it out and be done with it.
Agreed, which is why I've been pedantic over what the words really say, and what they really mean. Let me caution again, that the english translation on these pages aren't necessarily reliable, as it is the french meaning that is the rule, if this can be called a rule.

If there is a specific intent, state it. The words themselves are currently meaningless, without further context. Spirit of the rules are useless, unless there is specific wording dealing with how those situations are dealt with. Like I've stated in other posts, the P1 wording is superfluous.

I understand the intention of the P2 wording, but I think it failed. I believe it specifically needs to state that the class is aimed at Privateers, and the ACO reserves the right to restrict Manufacturer backed whatever, chassis, motor/engine, entry, for no valid reason than it isn't what they want.