View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2024, 00:53 (Ref:4204274)   #237
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
A lower profile tyre can have a sidewall with more flex? How does that work?
Read my post from March 18th.

Short version, yes a factory road car that has fixed suspension components (no changes made to factory springs), then if you switch to lower profile tires (which should have stiffer sidewalls) then the overall spring rate goes up (total=tires as spring + suspension spring)

But in a car in which you can adjust spring, you can put in a softer spring to compensate for the high spring rate of the new tire.

Richard