View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3151025)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
@Speed-King: Back in the day, you only had LMS and FIA GT in Europe. The national championships in Europe also weren't as strong as they are today. But now you have WEC, a possible ELMS for 2013 and strong national series. I honestly can't see where Blancpain would fit between all these series. Especially since all these series run on a single set of regulations. I only see a SLIGHT chance for Blancpain as a championship for truly private teams, in case the GT class in WEC becomes a manufacturer battlefield. But even then, you'd still have ELMS as an alternative for manufacturers.
Blancpain could survive a number of different ways. If it takes on the new regs it has been proven that its format is one which is perfect for gentleman drivers. That's more important than the cars I'd imagine.

And if they didn't go with the new machinery it would still survive for a while as a haven for GT3 cars given the huge number of them out there. But there could be no attached world championship from what I understand.