Thread: Red Bull Ford
View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4143115)   #31
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No, but it will be designed and built by Honda employees TUPEd over with additional ex-HPP staff.
Right, so what you are saying is that RBPT has hired knowledgeable staff from other F1 power unit manufacturers. Not just Honda, but others as well. So will the RBPT power unit be a "Honda", "Mercedes", "Ford" or something else? It will be a RBPT unit badged as a Ford.

To refresh people's memory...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...edes-engineer/

Article talks about 50ish people coming over to RBPT from Mercedes. No doubt the pulled from Honda as well. Who knows, they may have staff from Ferrari and Renault as well. Saying the future engine will come only from the minds of ex-Honda while everyone else is on the sidelines watching makes zero sense.

I only call out the point above because I am relatively sure many continue to incorrectly think that RBPT bought or was given the IP for the current Honda power unit and that the 2026 PU is going to be (in simplified terms) the "current Honda PU minus MGU-H" which would be IMHO very incorrect.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 8 Feb 2023 at 12:31.