Thread: Red Bull Ford
View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4143124)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Lastly, I only have a high level of the TUPE process. But I can imagine it might be protecting European or UK employees that existed to provide direct team support. And that RBPTwould have wanted to take on that operation from Honda once Honda "officially" pulled out of F1 (already done). So I can imaginethose would fall under TUPE.

However, it's my understanding that all primary Honda R&D was based out of Japan. While those Japanese employees can be lured away with job offers like anyone, I suspect they don't fall under TUPE protection at all.

Richard
In general - yes this is correct.

TUPE - Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations applies to employees of businesses in the UK.

The business could have its head office in another country, but the part of the business that’s transferring ownership must be in the UK.

Not to be dismissive of the contribution from the former Honda employees now at RBPT, but the overall R&D of the existing and future PUs ceased to be Honda at the end of 2021.

With the involvement of Ben Hodgkinson, Steve Blewett, Omid Mostaghimi, Pip Code, Anton Mayo and Steve Brodie - the next RBPT PU is as much a Mercedes design as a Honda one.

To describe it as being designed and built by Honda employees TUPEd over is a bit disingenuous.