Thread: Red Bull Ford
View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4143392)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Further to the discussion about Red Bull-Ford, this is the FIA's latest pronouncement about it's status of it as an engine supplier:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...2026/10430340/
colour me confused again (not my day today i think lol)

is there a cap on what one can spend on engine development per year and for the years leading up to 2026? i dint think there was so perhaps that is the part i am missing?

but if there is no cap, cant RBP spend whatever they want in the intervening years on engine development? rather, what does it matter what Ford contributes to that annual engine budget because whatever limit they might have imposed on them by the 'partial new supplier' moniker RBP can more than make up the difference with their deep pockets?

and/or if RB really want or need to be compensated then surely there are any number of B2B scenarios for Ford to hand over money as an advertising and promotion fee?