View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1271756)   #14
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year was our first full year of marshalling and my wife and I saw a lot of action, being motorsport mad there was never a chance that we wouldn't enjoy it but it definately made a huge difference having stuff to do (somtimes too much) and being with great people, now a year in we know the faces, routines etc etc and just get on and enjoy and learn (i don't think i will ever stop learning). since we have been marshalling we have got more and more people coming to watch, sadly havn't got any to cross the fence from spectator to marshal but more spectators the better for the sport. So many of the people that have come on our 'spare' tickets have said how much they enjoy the club meets and how friendly everyone is. This weekend Dee and I are at Donny (both spare tickets taken) one work colleague has paid to take his family to the BSB at Thruxton and another is taking his family to the MCC Clubmans at Brands Hatch, hows that they even pay if they can't sponge off of Dee and I. ( i know i digressed but the more of us who get people to come watch and get hooked the better)

Last edited by danccooke; 6 Apr 2005 at 14:43.