View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2993612)   #137
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I will tell you if it's a Teissedre's error or a translation problem. I am waiting for the book too, one of the most important post-24H event.
I've had a chance to look a bit further into it. The errors in all the recent annuals don't tend to stem from translations. They are simply annoying things like spelling driver names wrong.

If you look through the entry pages (which is one of my favourite parts) it is possible to find small errors/inconsistencies in near enough every driver.

An example is Sebastien Bourdais.
In 1999 he is listed as driving a Porsche 8911.
In 2000 a Courage C52-Peugeit
Someone has then copied and pasted that for the next two years without spotting the typo.
2001 he drove alongside Emmanuel Ciollard

That's just a very small example but it is riddled all the way through the British versions - for 10+ years!
Don't get me wrong I LOVE the books and will always buy them but to not even proof-read the book through is just inexcusable. How have they not been called out on that!?