View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3391283)   #810
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'm inclined to give the ACO a break here. They've got a world class product in the race, adding a few bands (who may well appreciate playing to a reasonable audience) to keep the atmosphere going does no harm, and having listened to a bit of Renan Luce (vaguely reminded me of Jacques Brel - if that doesn't get the Belgians too agitated) and the mildly maligned Hollysiz there's nothing truly awful there. If it keeps the casual fan pleased so much the better, and for the rest of us, all it does is be a minor traffic hazard for a brief period in the evening.

I suspect I'd bridle a little more if they splashed out and got Leonard Cohen along, where I'd be terribly divided about watching cars and watching someone great.