View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2014, 22:43 (Ref:3391295)   #812
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I'm inclined to give the ACO a break here. They've got a world class product in the race, adding a few bands (who may well appreciate playing to a reasonable audience) to keep the atmosphere going does no harm, and having listened to a bit of Renan Luce (vaguely reminded me of Jacques Brel - if that doesn't get the Belgians too agitated) and the mildly maligned Hollysiz there's nothing truly awful there. If it keeps the casual fan pleased so much the better, and for the rest of us, all it does is be a minor traffic hazard for a brief period in the evening.
You are right. ACO don't aim to invite the greatest bands or singers. The race is the main event and they can't afford them. But it was worth listening to UB40 (...4 years ago already ) and losing one hour of race. I will probably watch Alpha Blondy ("African" reggae).
Quote:
I suspect I'd bridle a little more if they splashed out and got Leonard Cohen along, where I'd be terribly divided about watching cars and watching someone great.
I like L. Cohen too but I don't think that singing "Famous Blue Raincoat" suits with the global atmosphere of the event. Nana Mouskouri singing After The Gold Rush shouldn't make it too.
I would be divided too if some less known dinosaurs came. Iggy Pop would be over the regulatory 115 dB.