View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3584402)   #1581
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ACO press release and subsequent DSC Q&A article reveal few things about the new LMP3/GT3 support race
- It will be the "opening race of the weekend"
- The two other existing support slots will stay regardless
- No French GT LMP3s, no partial season ACO LMP3s, only "full" (yet GT3s may get accepted from partial, and FFSA)
- Only 45 cars admitted for reasons despite LIKELY max 61 for the other two again (not that Group C has chances of reaching more than half of that), I guedd paddock overload concerns or whatever

So for the first time since 2010 when French Carrera Cup race was preceeding Group C, the Legends race will not perform as the first support race.

However some questions remain
- Is it actually physically 1 hour race as said or 45 mim as per usual for LM supports
- Who gets the spec series deal (I'd predict Ferrari Challenge after 2011/2013 and now longer hiatus - anyway I hope for Lamborghini Trofeo)
- Will Eurosport cover this P3/GT3 race, especially now that their warmup+legends package gets split into two again

My GUESS for Saturday morning schedule
09.00-09.45 Warm-Up
10.05-11.05 Michelin LMP3/GT3 Cup
11.25-12.10 Group C
12.30-13.15 Spec Series

Pitwalk likely reduced/removed from 1h due to time constraints

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Oct 2015 at 19:12.