View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2016, 11:31 (Ref:3628998)   #1667
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Almost scope for a 'so what do you do on Friday' thread.

In years gone by we've done the pit walk - but it's really busy and often underwhelms. We take it as an opportunity to go and do something non car related - either find a chateau to wander round, or last year, head down towards Angers and explore some vineyards. Once we've done that coming back to the campsite, putting feet up and cooking dinner is a great way of marking the start of the race. Not done the driver's parade and honestly not sure I'm tempted - I've been struck that people coming back from it are generally grinning, which is a great endorsement of it - but I'm equally sure it's not for me.
I'd definitely recommend it. It's not massively my sort of thing, but once every 4/5 years it makes a nice change! To be fair last year we did it again, and I did enjoy it. That's it for a few years though!!

A good few years ago, we went for lunch in town and left before the parade... However we'd parked in the underground at the C&A... and had to drive most of the route with crowds lining it already. Now that was fun!!