View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4033071)   #46
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
So if you are a joe-schmo with lots of money somehow and some way. And you want to run in this year's Le mans 24 hours. But you don't run in any of the series. What would be the best way to gain an entry? My guess would be to enter with a GTE car that is not Porsche, Ferrari, or Aston Martin.
Not sure that’s really possible. I mean, the strength in depth and quality of the grid compared to what it once was is incredible - even the amateurs are the very best of the amateurs. The teams we know well if we follow the local series and many arrive at their first Le Mans as a slick operation; they had to be, because they earned their entry by finishing well in a championship the season before.

With that, I do miss seeing the entry list and thinking what the hell is that. I think we lost something in gaining so much.