View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2022, 00:38 (Ref:4103019)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No way they did this announcement if it wasn't agreed. I'd far rather see G56 used for something like this than a barely modified P2. G56 should bring actual intrigue and add to the show, IMO. I think we've seen "G56 material" is anything the ACO want it to be. Or, whoever is actually interested in doing something.

With all the variety has been stripped out of ACO rules racing, I think this should be applauded.
I agree relative some of the proposed G56 cars it's better and would actually be there. The hand control car was worthy but nothing that new and they acquitted themselves well. The Ace and Gary cars were meh, at least DW lasted a bit and there was emotion to get it going again, Nissan well less said about Nissan at LM the better. Multiple cars were announced to turn in to vapor

I do wonder if they will use the spec hybrid or go all out with a future Corvette hybrid system and smaller/lighter V8 in the car. That would be interesting but would it really be a Cup car then? The last gen Cup car lapped MUCH slower than GTD at similar tracks. At Road America the lap record for Cup is listed as 2:14.089 for Byron, GTD 2:06.991 for Hawksworth in Lexus, GTE 2:02.281 for Tandy. Street car record was 2:04.877 at a Gridlife event according to the track so that's interesting but guessing "street car" used loosely. It's half the distance and high speed so decent comparison and some speed to make up there.