View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2023, 11:15 (Ref:4144264)   #249
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From a BoP (extra work) perspective I'm sure the M8 is the last thing the ACO want turning up but I'd agree with others it would be fantastic to see. Got to admire the brand loyalty from Walkenhorst.

Really enjoyed the AsLMS all in all. DKR managed to win through sheer consistency with an incredibly old chassis (a 2017 original, chassis no.5!) which left them hamstrung at every single pitstop with slower servicing.

The format really works and I honestly can't see AsLMS going back to it's previous calendar with shipping to Asia, even Australia etc. The grid would take a massive hit. The current set-up works and it means a lot of European teams can enter and re-group ahead of the European season. Maybe it's time to re-name it and, dare I say it, try to restart the AsLMS in it's original format? Not sure.

Some young star names in P2 who will hopefully end up at Le Mans in the future (my personal AsLMS ranking order): Malthe Jakobsen, Nolan Siegel, Kyffin Simpson, Ayhancan Guven.

Would very much recommend people check out the races on YouTube - particularly the Abu Dhabi pair.