View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2023, 13:23 (Ref:4178507)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have a 2X extender for the big lens as well, although that too has seen little use. For me, what is becoming more important is to get over my dislike of using a monopod as with such a heavy lens which I've always used handheld, I'm starting to shake a bit in my old age! I also plan next year to make far more use of my tripod as I feel the need to try and get some different night shots, more like the ones I used to take at LM at night years ago - assuming I can get into some places where it will bear fruit.
I've also started using a monopod more often - letting that take the strain means my back doesn't ache as much at the end of the day although I do still use the camera handheld for panning shots. My longest lens is a 75-300 - I've thought about getting an extender for it as that seems to be a cheaper alternative to a longer lens (although I'm not sure how much the loss of an f-stop would impact things). The longer lens (or extender) may also come in handy given the ever increasing amount of catch fencing - particularly at Brands Hatch (Paddock being the latest victim).