View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1666764)   #33
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just using the Aston as an example of a car that sounds great but honestly I do not find it's noise to be anything close to painful. Actually. Not many sports racers come close to painful (I've been to enough NASCAR and NHRA events to last me)...except for a pack 911 GT3s. Those things suck. I like Porsches, but it is shame that they sound so bad. The road cars too. Anyway...I'm just excited to see this new technololgy. These are things that are going to effect racing...noise and polution and it is nice to know that a car can be very fast, quiet and green. That excites me. Loud racegas burning engines, while still very cool, are just old hat to me. I can build a loud ass small block chevy that gets single digit mpg, and puts out enough CO2 to kill me in my garage with next to no effort. It's not hard. I want to see the technology get pushed and the future of motorsport unfold in the next few years. I find that more exciting than bleeding ears. That's all I have to say on the subject. Now back to the possibility of Toyota hybrid proto. I'd love to see it.