Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3948790)   #77
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Akrapovic, the perception that the FIA WEC still wants to be at Grade 1s to project a certain image isn't going to just magically disappear overnight though. And while I'm pretty darn sure that 1959 will remain F1's only ever visit to Sebring, I'm not ruling out that they'll try to make a return to Kyalami at some point (making that a Grade 1).
It won't disappear overnight, however this is now a perception, but not a fact. It is true that WEC did fly the Grade 1 only flag - but they have since stopped this, and embraced other, better circuits.

I also don't feel it's fair to say 'Well Kyalami might become Grade 1'. That's hardly WECs fault.

WEC at Grade 1 only circuits is no longer a thing.