View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2020, 17:31 (Ref:4007651)   #251
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If NASCAR really wants to diversity..how about pick a bunch of races where there are NO stages.

The road course races certainly don't need them. Heck it would be nice if they were done away with entirely. The Brickyard 400 was made worse because of the stages. I remember the 1994 and 1995 races had very very on green flag runs and I enjoyed that cause some strategy was being played out. R.I.P. The race was pretty cool in the 1990's. But it just went downhill after that. Just like the series as whole. It died after the end of the "Winston Cup" series in 2000.

One race on youtube I really watch with nostalga was the season ending Atlanta Winston Cup race in 2000. DW's last race and Earnhardt's last race before the 2001 500. Last race on the old ESPN contract with Bob, Ned, and Benny too I think.

Bottom line if I am ever to watch NASCAR again. We need to bring back the magic that Winston Cup was. Maybe the schedule does that some. But more needs to be done. No stages. Eliminate "playoffs", get the cars to have good liveries like the 1990s, and stop sucking up to Bubba Smolett.