View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4007666)   #252
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Stages to me damage racing strategy and take an element of interest away. Previously tyres going away meant pit. Or maybe you strategically pitted to try and get the jump on other teams. A lot of that is gone, way fewer strategic green flag pitstops - they don't make sense, ease up on your worn tyres and wait for the stage end caution - pretty much a no brainer unless the wheels are literally coming off of your wagon. I'd ditch stages in a heartbeat if it were me running the show.

I don't like playoffs/ the chase either. True, we don't know who might be champion. But also true is the #4 Harvick totally in my eyes deserve it. It would be a tragedy if he didn't win. Similarly back in 2018 when Harvick, Busch and Truex were in a class of their own pretty much the whole season - only for Joey Logano to gain the title with a win at Homestead. Full season, total the points up, chap with the most wins is what it should be.

As for the unspeakable one - I've warmed to him a little lately, I just wish people would stop playing the race card. I reckon 90 % of NASCAR fans could not care less what colour of skin a person has, or their gender, or whether they vote Republican or Democrat etc etc. They just want to watch some good racing!