View Single Post
Old 31 May 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4158922)   #83
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are we and the journalists just looking to make the season more exciting than it is?

Ver had a speed advantage over Alo even on worn mediums. Even if Alo put on intermediates, I do not think he would have caught Ver over that lap until Ver pitted.

Only Ver binning it or making a mistake would have given the win to Alo - so I do not think it was a AM strategical blunder. The win was always out of their hands

Also the commentary during the race- when Alo made 5 seconds on Ver and were saying is because the mediums are going off. It was because Ver was in traffic and had like 7 cars to pass. As soon as he cleared the traffic he made the gap back up - but somehow sky commentators missed this.

I find F1 journalists especially the ones that are in the paddock quite soft on F1 nowadays (do not really dish out harsh criticism) and desperate to create excitement in a season where it will be very little of it (first Per having a chance to become world champion, now AM in the driving seat to win Monaco)