View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2003, 19:37 (Ref:512660)   #16
Jellybabe
Racer

Jellybabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Oh yes..... I completely forgot! No Sunday morning warm-up! Sheeseee! Other than sleeping a little bit longer in the GP day, which really doesn't thrill me, it's a 30 minutes less track action. (the same 'lack of on-track action' that Bernie and Max was crying a couple of years ago, when they almost forced them to do Friday practice... Nice U-turn... )
I don't like the scrapping the warm-up idea for one, somewhat selfish(!), reason - the first race I went to was the San Marino GP in 1999, I paid out all that money to get a race seat and watch Jacques Villeneuve, my favourite driver, race in the flesh. He did warm-up alright, but then something went wrong with the car and he stalled on the grid. If there hadn't been a warm-up I would have paid out all that money just to see him drive one lap! As it was he'd done 15 or so laps in the warm-up as well as the formation lap, so I had some pictures and I had seen him drive, but if you scrap the warm-up you could end up with some very unhappy and out-of-pocket punters if the same thing happens to them!