Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4081196)   #577
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A thought occurred to me today - perhaps one for TWISC (ps does anyone know how to send questions in other than twitter?).

You can BOP cars, but can you - or should you - BOP teams with different levels of resource and talent on the pit wall?

In other words, if the Alpine and the Toyota were perfectly-balanced machines, would you not expect the Toyota's superior driving talent and better-resourced team to make the difference over 6 hour races?

To take this idea further, would you even expect Signatech to be able to run a private GR 010 to the same pace as the works team?

These questions got me thinking that we have next to no idea how well the Hypercar BOP process is going until we get more cars and a much larger sample size.
You have one of the possible answers to this question in SRO racing - mandated stints and pit stop lengths.

Not something I'd want to see in ACO racing.