Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4081302)   #580
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
For me it all comes down to the competition levels. I think there was still intrigue in the post-LM races back when you had Porsche and Audi also battling it out.

But when you've got stage managed processions in the two Pro classes it's just a killer. I don't think this will be an issue once we get past next year. And even then we should have Peugeot at some races which will be very interesting.
I would agree with that, we knew who was going to win before the race started. At least when the Glick car was on the grid there was something to hope for. Sure maybe they weren't going to win, but the more times the car runs they may have been able to unlock some performance.

The Peugeot will be interesting for a couple reasons, the competition in the hybrid hypercar ranks, and the looks. If they come out and match Toyota laptimes but both are still ahead of the Glick, then we have a better idea if the bop favors one class of cars over the other.