View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1743355)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
eddsc, are you being truly unbiased with these observations, opinions, or facts? Do you email Dr. Ulrich as well? Or do you have your journalist hat off at the moment?

Why were so many of you not championing this cause when the R8 was so dominant at Le Mans in comparison to its atmo. competitors? Lets face it, the last serious atmo. powered factory team was the BMW squad.

I will continue to suggest that a petrol powered (turbo anyone?) factory effort would be successful. I think Audi could have made the R10 into a world beater with the FSI engine. This car would not have had chassis consessions and may have been even quicker than the diesel R10. I will once again suggest that the lack of non diesel facoty effort is no different than it was during the R8 years. The two manufacturers that could benefit from a diesel program are now doing so. The other players are off in some other series. The ones playing in LMP2 are in it for the money (ie selling cars/engines/marketing).

I will end with one more request for some hard evidence.

Last edited by jhansen; 20 Oct 2006 at 17:32.