View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3981373)   #30
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I like F1 because it isn't IndyCar; I like IndyCar because it isn't the WEC; I like the WEC because of Le Mans; I like Le Mans because hellwhynotitsawsome; and I like club and historic and saloon and touring car and GT racing too despite liking F1.

I guess I just like racing.
Pretty much agree with that, I guess I'm just addicted and as Coppice commented above, I've been present at a race meeting most weekends somewhere since the mid 60's including several European circuits and even Daytona for the opening round of the NASCAR series. There is absolutely no comparison between attending a live race meeting and TV coverage IMHO but then again it depends how much you want to put into it; most of my live spectating starts way before the actual event with travel and possible accommodation plans and event timings and entry lists, it becomes immersive. The live atmoshere of a race meeting and for me that includes 2 wheels as well as 4, the paddock, the noise and smell along with the visual spectacle is intoxicating, for me at least.
I've always longed to witness racing at Road America or Watkins Glen along with a pilgramage to Bathurst but so far my budget hasn't stretched that far.