View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3566284)   #72
RICE RACING
Rookie

RICE RACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie55 View Post
Can you please elaborate exactly what you are referring to here with some examples. I would love to know more about your issues with M1...

Perhaps screen shots, more detailed descriptions.

I am sure that I can assist you with your personal difficulty in using an M1 system.

-Jamie@MoTeC.

For me using a M1 system is not a personal difficulty rather a preference to not use it, especially when there are better choices that I (and others) find superior on lots of levels *already eluded too*, this I have spoken about before.

It's a free world, and even though I have access to your products at dealer pricing, I still choose to not use them myself (or recommend them to my customers). The latest M1 while marketed (which is your companies strong point) well, is ultimately a lower tier choice purely on an objective level, not just doing 'spec sheet comparisons' but how they work in reality (hardware/software) there is a mountain of stuff I could mention, but simply spending "a million dollars" on software development allocation does not mean it's going to be great or well thought through for the experienced end users out there.

*Your marketing is good
*Your business model is.... > good (for motecs bottom line, though I find it abhorrent!)
*Your customer support (for novice/hobby users who heavily rely on it is good), webinars and other training offerings are good, and an excellent avenue for brainwashing people with your own specific acronyms and building the message you want to pedal (props to you)
*Your products though are 2nd rate

I chose the product based on its function #1
All of the other 'value added' items I don't need, but we are comparing apples to oranges looking at Motec V's Life Racing and Pectel/Cosworth. Yours is o.k. for what it is, but holds nothing to proper racing ECU's with real pedigree, working solutions, and function that is generations ahead of anything you currently offer or ever will offer, you simply never will be able too since you are NOT a bespoke engine development facility like the others I have used or recommend, you are NOT on the same level or ever will be sadly Jamie, unless of course you start making engines and power trains and then develop control products to cater for these like LR and Cosworth do. Never say never.......... once you are at that stage and things are made for the more capable end users, then I will take a look at your systems again, but for now no thanks and the 'rape to play pay to play' model for every conceivable software code turn on option you can stick where the sun does not shine