View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2020, 14:45 (Ref:4020600)   #109
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I actually wouldn't mind if the Toyota looks like a wider (maybe longer) TS050 with DPI-like styling cues. We already have that with DPI. And it's far from an new idea with DPI. Audi did it with the R8R, R8C, R8 and even to a degree with the R10, which borrowed some styling cues from the TT and, in the case of the R10, also the R8 road car, even if mostly in the headlight and taillight design. BMW also did much the same with their LMP cars.

It's not a huge make or break for me. What is is if LMH and LMDH in the new look LMP1 class will be (at least on paper) equal in ACO and IMSA events respectfully. Which, right now, is far from conclusive, with the ACO favoring LMH it seems because of Toyota's and Peugeot's involvement (though Audi and Porsche favoring LMDH right now may help that lobby considerably), and IMSA being on the fence about LMH cars being eligible for LMDH/DPI 2.0.