Thread: WEC WEC 2024
View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2024, 13:14 (Ref:4203285)   #446
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Still a technical violation is a technical violation, usually the penalty is DSQ or some other serious one like we had many examples in the past. Belle Isle and AXR's Caddy less than 2 kg underweight, Silverstone and Toyota running too low, Watkins Glen and Porsche too low, etc.
Oh I understand that but a 3D scan to determine compliance is orders of magnitude of cost increase over hand tools, scales or height measure. They didn't say oh we found the strakes looked odd or bent and measured but we 3D scanned the car, found a violation and when provided information still said no good, you're booted. You've now said EVERY team needs to 3D scan every piece of equipment to verify they're compliant, I'm sure that's not something you grab from the bargain bin at Amazon

No, I am not against booting cheats, I would have preferred MSR booted from the series for the nonsense last year cause that wasn't a little issue. But for a deficiency that can be verified as Friday afternoon build at Dallara strikes me as fine or yellow card like strike. And would require open disclosure of yes, this is was found, this is the documentation of issue and supplier comment. And the next time, yup that's paddling time Jasper

Last edited by broadrun96; 29 Mar 2024 at 13:28.