View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4044486)   #132
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think Jaminet will be a good bet for a LM drive with Weathertech but Campbell has a full-season WEC ride already with Proton-Dempsey.

Cooper's drive-time will have to be increased at Le Mans vs the Sebring bare minimum and as you say, the safety cars won't be handing out as many gifts.

I have to say I'm not usually among the forum members complaining about the 'specness' of it all. But after having my first serious look at the entry the other day it's just getting increasingly disappointing. I think there's enough driving talent in P2 to get excited about who is first Oreca, but new P2 regs can't come soon enough at this point.
Driving talent yes since traditional GT drivers are going to protos this year for the first time for many of them. I have never been interested in LMP2 at all though. The specness and the size of it makes it even worse. All that interests me is how the LMP2 class leader is in the overall standings compared to the LMH cars. Only in 2017 did P2 ever got my attention for obvious reasons to those who knows what happened at Le Mans that year.

GTE Am has not been interesting since the Keating Ford GT was there to win it. I consider them the real winners still by the way! Fleet of AFP's only? (aston, fer, por)...will pass on that. GTE Pro despite it's small size is enough to sustain my interest. You can get lots of good diverse GT3 grids throughout the year that has Aston, Ferrari, and Porsches already and much much more. So yeah GTE Am has no interest to me this year.