View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3123430)   #1277
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really a shame if that is the end. Can't even really say I was proud to his the team's final race.

I'm torn because a part of me has a lot of respect for Henri - for fighting tooth and nail to pull something together when the odds were stacked against him. He almost wanted it too badly that he wasn't prepared to bide his time.

But you have to stay visible if you want to attract any business. I just think the way he went about the last few months had some elements of desperation in it - as we saw evidenced by some of his various turmoils. I think that ultimately devalued and hurt the reputation of his outfit.

I don't naturally have the full details, that's just my feelings. But full respect to the guy for wanting to go racing. His legend status was secured even before I was born.