View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3123446)   #1280
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam View Post

The Dome's problems appear to have been engine-related.

Did Judd just make a dodgy batch of P1 motors?--like Peugeot did a few years ago.
I was just about to write it but noticed you said it already for me!.........yes the chassis had a few niggles with steering and such like but it was essentially a good car let down by a bad powertrain package from Judd, the LMP2 base engine when it was morphed over to LMP1 duties was obviously done on the back of a cigarette packet and under developed, it appears they were operating directly in the region of a massive resonant frequency of the crankshaft and it was shaking the whole car to pieces.........but in Judds defence, they are not a charity and Judd would have probably offered Henri 2 options, 1) you can have the "back of the fag packet" design very quickly and at minimal cost, but there is a risk with reliability.........or you can have the properly designed item in 12 months time with the associated huge design and development costs, but the risk is low.........we all know henri took option 1 and the risk backfired badly........hey ho, you live and learn, well done for trying I say, Henri will be back somewhere at some point I'm sure, but I wouldnt blame hime for doing a "brian hart"