View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3124356)   #1284
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If this is the end, and somehow I can't help feeling it is, then all that we should do is say thank you for the 14 years (give or take) of contribution that team Pescarolo has given us.

In the greater scheme of things that stacks up nicely with a lot of the other iconic squads like Kremer or Gulf Mirage, and I like to think we'll come to remember Pescarolo in the same light - combine that with the driving record and I think we've been privileged to witness something really memorable.

For all that we'd all wish that things this year had panned out differently, how much better is it that Pescarolo Sport went west answering the sound of the guns, trying something new and different? As Mulsanne Mike put it (and I paraphrase a little, but sure I can find a direct quote if pushed) this was "the most exciting LMP1 project around" - and I can't argue with that as an approach. In striving for something different, which might have worked, I think Henri, even the last year, will be much more memorable than any number of customer entries.

Salut Henri, et bon journee.

Last edited by isynge; 24 Aug 2012 at 23:59. Reason: language