View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2020, 16:38 (Ref:4007224)   #2396
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a one day clubby at Loton Park yesterday, and marks the end of the 2020 season.
Great weather, full-on CV19 protection and some good class mates.

3 practice runs, all good for me though a full 2 secs off my pb's which I can seem to close up, really irritating.

First race run was good a low 57 (pb is mid 55) and a good start, car ran great.
However, the guy I beat last meeting was looking for revenge and dropped a tall 56...

Second race run was feeling really sharp, good hard run until just rounding Keepers bends full-on in 3rd and BANG, a pheasant in the middle of the track, blood, guts and feathers everywhere at about 60 mph carried on then about 50 metres later two others sauntered across the track which I missed but lost a huge amount of time and ended with a low 59, Martin did a 57.

Just finished washing the bird out of the front suspension, 3 cracks in the front body, so cleaned the body, wrapped the tyres and put the car on stands, drained the fuel and put a cover over it!

Will finish the '72 Honda cb175 I'm half through restoring then take a good time getting the car fixed and tidied-up. It is looking a bit ragged atm.

Would love to get the engine out and make it 3.4 litres and re-build for 7500 red line, would make a huge difference, but wife not enthusiastic...