View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4056111)   #6
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are numerous reasons why it does not work here.

Mainly the class stability, the rules have been the same in Scandinavia for a very long time, so there is a huge base of cars around, some with the same owners, some with loads over many years, it suits differing cars.

They drop in classes like ERC 1600 and rwd over time, but those cars tend to either stay or be developed into other cars. But the main thing is space noise and population, in these countries they do things with them like asphalt sprints, gravel sprints, Bakkelopp, all using the same car, so you can use it, share it, drive it in their events. We will never have that here due to constraints over space, noise, population although in the past you might get a guy using his car in hillclimbs, autocross etc.

They have far less people, a government who lets people do their thing, and space to do it, we do not.

Finally our pathetic system of two series (because f *****iness between people years ago) covering about 150 drivers does not help, all with tons of different classes as some rich guy comes in and wants to set up HIS class, so some berk lets him, so you get numerous classes, when you only really need say three or four.

I would be happy with Supercar, Supermods over 2litre, under 2 litre (whatever split on cc works) and something like Swifts or mini's.

That is literally ALL you need, instead what we have is a stupid, multi class , multi championship system where each series runner has his own series with endless tiny classes, and divides the entire grid down into 10 car fields, it is so stupid and inward looking it is beyond me sadly.