View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2252169)   #66
Darth Vader
Rookie

Darth Vader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot about Goodwood. I think we should not critisize Goodwood to much. The main sense of Goodwood is to have stars, proms and legendary cars. The Hillclimb is only a side product. Furtermore I believe there were 3 fatalities in the British Hillclimb Championship since its creation was back in the fifties. Goodwood exists since 1993 and had equaled this a couple of years later. So I think there was some pressure to do something.

I searched Goodwood Festival as you told me and I found fotos and videos but there seems to be no site where I can get full results of the hillclimb of the past years?

I found out that Heidfeld still has the record with 40s. McNish did 41s in a Toyota F1. I think then it was decided not to time F1 cars anymore. So some say Kovalainen in the Renault broke the record, but it was not officialy timed.

But it seems that there is still a competitive hillclimb. This year there was a fight between Anthony Reid in a Williams-Cosworth FW07 and Justin Law in a Jaguar XJR8/9. Both realized 44s and Law won the race. So F1-Cars are still allowed to compete. Only the current cars with the current drivers seem to be banned from the competition.