View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2011, 06:49 (Ref:2812275)   #11
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I'm looking at going down for this too, does anyone know of any reasonable B&B's in Le Mans town, or perhaps one of the 'Formula 1' style cheap hotels ? I think it will be too cold for camping .
A few years back, two of us went for the test day and whilst it wasn't as hot as in June, we had good weather - certainly warm enough for camping, although it was only the first weekend in May.

However, I don't think the campsites will be open. We spent Saturday night on a piece of litter-strewn waste ground at the Karting circuit and Sunday night in a motorway rest area somewhere near Chartres! Both nights were under canvas.

Since there's less peripheral activity during the test weekend, it's easy to get away from the circuit promptly and you could find a hotel in, say, Alencon or somewhere else on the route home.