View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2023, 17:02 (Ref:4148508)   #85
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It always seems to me that when a situation like this comes up, F1 makes it overly complicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Alonso's left front was just outside the grid box but did he gain an advantage? I don't think so.
As people have pointed out, in some situations car position in and around the box can create real advantages (particularly if looking for optimal traction on launch)

So you want simplicity (and I do as well). What is more simple than saying... you are either in or outside of the box. You get a penalty if you are outside of it. Complex is trying to examine and prove that there was an advantage (or not) gained by being out of the box and then applying a penalty or not.

Richard